Monday 16 October 2017

Belle Île (the well named Island)

My Time On Belle Île

Since the beginning of September I have been adding to my three months on Belle Île, which I did last year.  So far I have been on Belle Île for 5 and a half months and hopefully longer.

I am staying in a small house which is just a couple minute bike ride (my bike is a red bike called Lucifer, like the angel that fell from heaven, I just couldn’t help myself ) away from the biggest town (Palais). The house consist of bathroom, a bedroom, a hallway, and a kitchen. Although that would seem to suggest a dingy little place it is not. It has been completely re-done so that every-thing is bran spanking new, all white and is great for one person (although on the web site it said it could sleep 6 (French standards are slightly different then North America’s)).

I have recently joined an free time group which includes several languages, art, and other things I don’t know. It costs 36 Canadian dollars for the winter and you can go to as many of the classes that are available that you want to. At the moment I’m going to Latin, Spanish, and art.

Belle Île might be one of the best named places on earth because it truly is a beautiful Island.

For internet I go down to the local pub where the owners (Eric and Ghislaine) are very nice and always have smiles on their faces. It’s also the most interesting place for people watching, with it being the place all the locals go to it can get quite busy, but you see the most interesting people and the locals there are very friendly and started to shake my hand when I entered only a few days after I arrived (be warned not all the places have friendly locals like this. At another establishment we heard the locals complaining about us being there which is quite funny since its one of the most busy places in town to stop for a drink).


No comments:

Post a Comment