Thursday 11 January 2018

My experience with laughing gas

I recently had a minor toe surgery because I had an ingrown toenail, and for most people who haven't gotten this, its when you cut your toe nail incorrectly and it grows back wrong ad digs into your skin, making your toes very sensitive and painful (if you touch it it hurts). So after trying antibiotics and other things the doctor got me to go down into a room that was a proper surgery room, and they gave me what they call "hilarant", that translates to "hilarious", it was given with one of those masks you always see in movies. This was not meant to nock me out, only to calm me and make me feel less pain.

How it really went was that I would go in and out of consciousness, and I felt the pain just as much, but I was not really able to move my body to react to it. All I could think was.
"Ow, this hurts, this still hurts, will it stop... ow it still hurts, oh hey I can open my eyes, ow. "
The only time I laughed was about 5 mins into the surgery and the doctor told my mom to distract me and she started telling me time tables. Which are not normally funny but the idea that she used multiplication to distract me made me laugh.

I also now have an extremely runny nose for the last several days, but I had a cold before that so it might be the cold, or it might be the combo of both. Its definitely worth it though, now that my toes don't hurt.

So that is my experience with the laughing gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment